After studying this week’s topic, I learned what the SAMR model is. SAMR is divided into four parts, namely: substitution, augmentation, modification, and redefinition.

If I distinguish these four from my personal learning experience, I think that these four have all appeared in the courses I have studied before. For example, my English course generally covers substitution, augmentation, and modification.

The first is the substitution. I use this method when I write some summary, essay or research paper. Whether it is daily assessment or exam, I need to use a computer to type in what I write and submit it to the instructor. Augmentation and modification are used when I write team project and group presentation. For example, when the group is doing preparatory work, Google doc is very convenient for everyone to write their own part and everyone can modify it. The modification is like the group members use Prezi or Powerpoint to do some multimedia application technology added to make the audience better understand our presentation.

The last redefinition is included in the final project of the course I used to study Japanese. We are going to use the Japanese we have learned in this course to compile a sitcom, and then record it and publish it. In this way, we can practice Japanese communication between each student.

Therefore, based on my personal learning experience, every kind of teaching method adopted by teachers has its meaning, and it must be suitable for this course.