After this topic 6 study, I have a new understanding of the game in the study. Many parents are very repulsive of children from playing games, especially if they think that if their children are always addicted to games, it will affect their vision and learning. But judging from this topic, some appropriate games and points reward mechanisms in games can help improve children’s learning efficiency and interest.

As I saw when I was doing research, Andre gave an example in his Tedx Talk presentation. He thinks that adding games to learning is like kids learning how to ride a bicycle. Because riding a bicycle is not simply relying on the eyes to watch how others ride or hear from others how to ride, but they need to practice by themselves.

My own personal experience is that when I was reading ELL, we had a lot of small games between groups. For example, when you open a link with your mobile phone, you can randomly assign group members on that web page and choose the correct answer on the screen together. I think the purpose of doing this is to help the communication between our team members. I made many friends from all over the world during that period. On the other hand, it is also to help our study. The options on the screen are all knowledge related to study.

In general, I don’t think that students playing games will definitely affect their learning, but appropriate mini-games can help their communication and cognition.